Conservatorship Association of Tennessee Papers and Position Statements
Laws of Interest
- TCA Title 33 – This entire title refers to Tennessee Laws relating to persons with Mental Illness or Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- TCA Title 37 – This entire title refers to Tennessee Laws relating to juvenile matters.
- TCA Title 34 – This entire title refers to guardianship and conservatorship. Of particular relevance are:
- Ch. 1 Guardianship and Conservatorship Generally
- Ch. 2 Guardianship Generally
- Ch. 3 Conservatorship Generally
- Ch. 5 Uniform Veteran’s Guardianship Law
- Ch. 6 Power of Attorney
- Ch. 7 Public Guardianship for the Elderly
- TCA Title 68, Ch. 11, Part 18 (TCA §68-11-1801 et seq.) – This statute deals with patient health care decisions including advance directives and appointment of a surrogate for health care decisions.
(All references are to Tennessee Code Annotated – TCA)