The Conservatorship Association of Tennessee (CAT) is a nonprofit organization established for the following purposes:
- To serve as a principal resource for all those involved in conservatorship, including families, individuals with disabilities, professional and advocacy organizations, state and local agencies, and the legal community;
- To increase awareness, knowledge and expertise about conservatorship and related topics through developing informational materials, training, and educational opportunities;
- To offer a forum for analysis and discussion of key issues, such as alternatives to conservatorship;
- To establish standards of practice; and
- To advocate to improve policies, processes, and practices related to conservatorship in Tennessee.